- ATP Labs have made Pentacarb, a carbohydrate and electrolyte powder that maximises your performance and endurance.
- During high-intensity training, carbohydrates fuel exercise, which comes from glycogen stores.
- Whereas lower and moderate-intensity training tends to use more fats as fuel.
- After intense training, it is therefore essential to replenish the glycogen stores depleted during exercise, mainly because this will benefit subsequent training sessions.
- A new look and feel using 50% less plastic than before at the size of 1.1kg tubs.
Key Ingredients and Benefits
- Penta, meaning five, describes the carbohydrate blend: Potato Maltodextrin, Rice Maltodextrin, High Branched Cyclic Dextrine, Waxy Maize, and Dextrose.
- All of these 5 carbohydrates can get to your bloodstream quickly, replenishing the glycogen stores in your muscles so you can continue to train or perform.
- Pentacarb also includes several electrolytes, which will be lost during intense exercise, and need restoring to help muscles work.
- Choosing the cherry flavour also provides Beetroot powder (500mg), which is known to improve blood flow.
Recommended Usage and Guidelines
If you want to gain muscle mass, taking between 20-60g of these carbohydrates post-workout will benefit you; the leaner you are (i.e. <10% body fat), the more you can use. Fast-acting carbs post-workout will contribute to a calorie surplus and glycogen store replenishment.
If you train in longer duration activities (e.g. endurance training) – it would be useful to consume pentacarb peri- and post-training. This is because glycogen stores will deplete lots during longer-duration activities of a high enough intensity.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.