Native to Asia, Chlorella is an algae cousin to spirulina. It is rich green from its high chlorophyll content and usually comes in tablet form. It is high in protein, B vitamins, magnesium and zinc. Chlorella has many health-boosting benefits, such as:
Detoxification – especially heavy metals such as lead, cadmium, mercury
Fat loss – with improved detoxification comes increased metabolism; hence fat loss.
Immune boost – lower toxicity means lower inflammation and less stress on the immune system.
Better energy – chlorella is a great supplier of B vitamins, which are fantastic for energy.
- 300 small tablets in a sachet
- Chlorella is a type of algae that is single-celled, related to Spirulina, which is high in Chlorophyll, giving it the strong green colour it has. Chlorenergy uses a Chlorella Vulgaris strand; this is easily digestible and provides 4-5 times more Chlorophyll than spirulina.
- Chlorenergy was also the best-digested form of Chlorella by the Japanese Health and Nutrition Food Association.
Key Ingredients and Benefits
- Chlorella helps the body in several ways; firstly, it detoxifies by binding to heavy metals and extracting them from the body, such as lead, mercury, and cadmium. Heavy metals can come from the water you drink if it is not filtered or pure, or heavy metals could come from pollution in the atmosphere.
- Chlorella is also a good source of Vitamin B12, which helps with cellular energy production, red blood cell formation, and memory and regulates homocysteine for heart health.
- Chlorella has also been found to increase immune proteins, detoxify the body, and lower inflammation.
- This would be a great addition to your fat loss strategy; detoxifying and reducing inflammation will help fat to be utilised and lost.
- Chlorella can also help with your gut health; by removing toxins and developing gut bacteria, there is a better environment for digestion, absorption and bowel function.
Recommended Usage and Guidelines
The recommended starting dose is 3 capsules per day with a meal, which can build into 10 caps x 3 times per day. This would, however, depend on how much support your body needs, and you could require more, so consult a practitioner to get an individual recommendation.