Human Performance Hub’s Magnesium Bisglycinate contains highly absorbable magnesium, with each capsule providing 150 mg of elemental magnesium. This product should not cause any unfavourable gastrointestinal symptoms associated with magnesium supplementation due to the very stable chelate formed between two glycine molecules and each magnesium ion via a patented process.
240 capsules per bottle, 150mg per capsule
Key Benefits of Magnesium
- Maintains bone health
- Aids digestion and elimination
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- Enhances relaxation and sleep
- Helps metabolise carbohydrates
- Supports kidney health
- Relieves chronic headaches
- Contributes to women’s health
- Magnesium is a crucial mineral for our bodies; it is the second most common mineral in our cells. It performs various functions, yet most people today are deficient in magnesium.
- One main benefit of magnesium is its ability to calm the nervous system and muscular systems. Calming these is important to set you up for a good night’s sleep, and in combination with a good pre-bed strategy (e.g. reduced electronic screen use) will help you get a restful sleep.
- During a training session, we deplete magnesium by up to 20%, and therefore it is important to replenish this mineral which is key to so many processes in the body. But magnesium extends further to support our blood sugar, kidney and neurological health because it helps absorb glucose, balances calcium and helps brain function.
- A chelate means that you have connected two things at two or more points; imagine merging a football between two rugby balls; this means it can pass through the intestine and get absorbed better.
- A magnesium supplement would be perfect if you are looking to improve your sleep and also if you are looking to recover better between workouts. This is because it brings the nervous system to a more relaxed state, which is important for sleep and after a workout when you will have been more alert.
- It would also benefit someone looking for a staple supplement to cover a few bases for their health, and magnesium does that by helping brain, heart, kidney and metabolic health.
- This magnesium supplement would not help your bowel regularity as MagCitrate would, so this magnesium would be more for your sleep and performance aims.
Recommended Usage and Guidelines:
The dosage might depend on your deficiency, so it may be worth getting tests done to know your magnesium levels. A good dose would be 1-4 grams of magnesium; this would ensure you are not deficient; this would mean 2+ capsules per day.
As a dietary supplement, take two capsules in the evening or as your health care practitioner directs.
** The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.