Taurine capsules deliver 1 g of this sulfur-containing amino acid per one capsule serving. Taurine plays a critical role in a broad range of body tissues, including the cardiovascular, immune, central nervous, and reproductive systems and the liver and skeletal muscle.
- Taurine is an amino acid in your body which can benefit you in several ways from exercise performance to sleep and mood.
120 capsules per bottle
Dietary taurine is primarily found in meat and seafood; therefore, vegetarians and vegans may not meet their taurine requirements. Scientists are unsure whether humans make enough taurine, and elevated homocysteine levels often suggest the body may have difficulty making this compound.
KEY INGREDIENTS AND BENEFITS
- Balances water and electrolytes
- Promotes good cardiovascular health
- Supports healthy blood glucose metabolism
- Boosts antioxidant defences
- Promotes detoxification and nutrient absorption
- Taurine generally has a calming effect on the nervous system, similar to a magnesium supplement; this will help with recovery and sleep by downregulating the nervous system. It is obvious that sleep helps the body wind down, but equally, after hard training sessions, we need to wind down as well after being stimulated and alert for training.
- There are some studies showing the benefits of Taurine for improving fatigue resistance; these studies have generally found that in more aerobic exercise, Taurine helps extend your endurance and prevents fatigue from setting in as quickly.
- There is some evidence that it can help with force production too.
Recommended Usage and Guidelines
Taurine supplementation is generally well tolerated. Most people can take between 1 and 4 grams per day. However, we recommend close monitoring if you take medication for blood pressure or diabetes because taurine supplementation may alter or reduce the dosages needed.
Taurine is recommended to start at 1 capsule per day, providing 1g of Taurine.
However, it is safe to increase to 3 capsules as found in scientific research. The advice would be to start at 1 cap, see how you respond for a few weeks, and then see if you need to increase to 2 or 3 caps. If you need help finding the appropriate dose, please feel free to consult a practitioner.
** These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.