The liver and other organs of elimination in the body are challenged by environmental and diet-related toxins and the inability of nutrient-deficient vegetables, grains, and fruits to provide all the necessary nutrients for detoxification. MediClear-SGS is a low-allergenic rice-and-pea-protein-based supplement that is formulated to support liver and colon detoxification.* It offers essential nutrient cofactors and a complete range of vitamins and minerals in their most absorbable, tissue-ready forms.*
MediClear-SGS offers enhanced liver support by adding sulforaphane glucosinolate (SGS) – a natural substance from the seeds and sprouts of select broccoli varietals.* SGS provides effective up-regulation of the body’s natural phase II detoxification enzymes and is an indirect antioxidant that provides long-lasting cell protection from free-radical damage.*
Health-care practitioners know that many health challenges can arise when a patient’s liver is not functioning as it should, such as poor digestion, imbalances in intestinal bacteria, and fatigue. MediClear-SGS includes beneficial detoxification nutrient cofactors, as well as an array of extra nutrients and botanicals.*
MediClear-SGS also contains curcumin, green tea, and grape seed extracts in phytosome form for enhanced absorption and optimal delivery to the tissues.* Phytosomes are specific plant extracts bound to phospholipids, which greatly increases the absorption and blood levels of the desired botanical constituents.*
MediClear-SGS contains the vitamins and minerals that support the liver’s detoxification actions.* These nutrients are provided in the most absorbable, best-utilised forms, pyridoxal 5′-phosphate (active vitamin B6), L-5-MTHF (active folate), methylcobalamin (active vitamin B12), and well-absorbed mineral chelates from Albion Laboratories.*
In the liver’s phase I detoxification process, harmful and unwanted fat-soluble substances are converted to intermediate metabolites by a group of enzymes called cytochrome p450 enzymes. The intermediate metabolites are often more reactive and potentially more toxic than the original substances. The liver’s phase II detoxification process involves attaching other molecules onto these intermediate metabolites, making them non-toxic and water-soluble, thus allowing their elimination via the urine or intestines.
Rice and pea protein are used in MediClear-SGS because of their low incidence of allergenicity. It is far more likely for dairy or soy protein to initiate an allergic reaction. Using rice and pea proteins facilitates eliminating most allergenic proteins from the diet while maintaining a high-quality protein intake.
Two Scoops (51.2 g) Contain:
- Calories 170
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Total Carbohydrate 9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2 g
- Sugars 5 g
- Protein 20 g
- Vitamin A (3,000 IU/900 mcg RAE as Beta Carotene and 2,000 IU/600 mcg RAE as Palmitate) 1.5 mg
- Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 300 mg
- Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) (400 IU) 10 mcg
- Vitamin E (110 IU / 73.9 mg as d-Alpha Tocopherol and 10 IU / 6.7 mg as d-Alpha Tocopherol from 88.7 mg Mixed Tocopherols) 80.6 mg
- Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl) 12 mg
- Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5’-Phosphate Sodium) 5 mg
- Niacin (30 mg as Niacinamide and 8 mg as Niacin) 38 mg
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5’-Phosphate) 10 mg
- Folate (as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate† from L-5- Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt) 300 mcg
- Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 50 mcg
- Biotin 150 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate) 50 mg
- Calcium (as Calcium Citrate) 300 mg
- Iron 7 mg
- Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate) 150 mg
- Zinc (as TRAACS® Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate)†† 10 mg
- Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine) 70 mcg
- Manganese (as TRAACS® Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate)†† 1.5 mg
- Chromium (as TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate)†† 100 mcg
- Molybdenum (as TRAACS® Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate)†† 50 mcg
- Sodium 360 mg
- Potassium (as Potassium Citrate) 100 mg
- Proprietary Blend††† 26 g
- Pea Protein Isolate
- Rice Protein
- Glycine†††† 1.65 g
- Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) 1.5 g
- L-Glutamine†††† 500 mg
- L-Lysine (as L-Lysine Monohydrochloride)†††† 500 mg
- Curcumin Phytosome††††† (Curcuma longa extract (root) / Phosphatidylcholine complex) 400 mg
- Milk Thistle Extract (fruit) (Silybum marianum) 250 mg
- Taurine†††† 110 mg
- Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM) 100 mg
- Grapeseed Phytosome††††† (Vitis vinifera extract / Phosphatidylcholine complex) 50 mg
- Green Tea Phytosome††††† (Camellia sinensis extract (leaf) / Phosphatidylcholine complex) 50 mg
- Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethylglycine) 50 mg
- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine†††† 50 mg
- Choline Citrate 30 mg
- Sulforaphane Glucosinolate (from Broccoli extract (seed) (Brassica oleracea italica))†††††† 30 mg
- Glutathione (Reduced)†††† 25 mg
- Boron (as Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex)††††††† 100 mcg
- Lutein (from Aztec Marigold extract (flower) (Tagetes erecta)) 60 mcg
- Vanadium (as Vanadium Citrate) 50 mcg
Other Ingredients: Cocoa, Flavors, Evaporated Cane Juice Sugar, Glucose, Stevia extract (leaf) (Rebaudioside A 95%), Silicon Dioxide, Monk Fruit concentrate (fruit) (Siraitia grosvenorii)††††††††.Contains ingredients derived from soy (Curcumin Phytosome, Grapeseed Phytosome, and Green Tea Phytosome).
†This product uses Gnosis S.p.A.’s L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt (Quatrefolic®). Quatrefolic is a registered trademark of Gnosis S.p.A.
††This product uses Albion’s TRAACS® Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate, Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate, Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate, and Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate. TRAACS is a registered trademark of Albion International, Inc.
†††VegaLite, Thorne’s trade name for proprietary pea / rice protein blend.
††††Added Amino Acids.
††††† This product uses Indena S.p.A.’s green tea phytosome (Greenselect®), grape seed phytosome (Leucoselect®), and curcumin phytosome (Meriva®). Greenselect, Leucoselect, and Meriva are registered trademarks of Indena S.p.A.
††††††The extraction of glucosinolates from cruciferous seeds is protected by U.S. Patent No. 5,725,895. The use of this product is protected by U.S. Patent Nos. 5,968,505 and 5,968,567. is a trademark of Brassica Protection Products LLC.
††††††This product uses Albion’s Bororganic™ Boron Glycinate Complex. Bororganic is a trademark of Albion International, Inc.
††††††††This product uses Tate and Lyle’s Purefruit Select™ (Monk Fruit concentrate). Purefruit Select is a trademark of Tate and Lyle Ingredients Americas, LLC. Silybum standardized to Silymarin 65%
Use & Guidelines
- This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
- MediClear-SGS contains green tea phytosome, curcumin phytosome, and grape seed phytosome – plant extracts complexed with phosphatidylcholine, which is derived from soy. Phosphatidylcholine contains no soy protein. There are no other soy-based ingredients in MediClear-SGS.
If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
- 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF) supplementation is not recommended concurrent with methotrexate cancer therapy, as it can interfere with methotrexate’s anti-neoplastic activity; however, this folate source has not been shown to interfere with the anti-inflammatory activity of methotrexate. An individual taking methotrexate for psoriasis or rheumatoid arthritis can safely take a supplement containing folate.
- Curcumin has been shown to reduce the therapeutic efficacy of cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan) in animal studies. In vitro research revealed that curcumin decreased camptothecin-induced death of cultured breast cancer cells. Curcumin might also interfere with the absorption and efficacy of the chemotherapy drug irinotecan, used to treat colon cancer. The concurrent use of curcumin with these agents should be avoided.
This product is intended to be utilized in conjunction with a complete dietary program. Do not use in diets supplying less than 600 calories per day without complete medical supervision.